Building Blocks - Kid play or learning?
In addition to being fun, scientific studies have established links between children’s block play and later success in math, language acquisition, science, spatial skills, and more. What happens when children play with building blocks?
- They learn to design and build structures from their imagination or observation of the world around them..
- Children learn math skills by adding, subtracting, and grouping.
- They increase their language abilities when they articulate about size, shape, colors, comparisons, etc.
- Children experience science and physics when experimenting with gravity, weight, balance, and stability.
- Children develop cognitive skills including cause and effect, problem solving, classification skills, and critical thinking.