Discontinued as of June 2014 and no longer available.
For 2011 TSA rules, the Sorcerer comes pretty close to meeting the requirements right out of the box. It has a long, narrow wing, a fairly short motor stick and tail boom, and landing gear.
The Sorcerer can be built by beginners if they have experienced adult help. You get 2 of everything - if the model you bring to the contest fails specs, you get an emergency second chance!
These include the following:
- Laser cut cambered Balsa ribs, spoked wheels and gussets
- Two sizes of propellers: 6" & 8" Dia. (4 total)
- Esaki Tissue: lightweight Japanese tissue
- Premium motor strip, 10' of Tan II, 3/32" cross-section
- Micro-Cut premium Balsa sheets and strips
- Average finished weight: 10 grams or less
- An uncluttered plan with isometric views
- Carefully composed instructions with design options and flight trim help.
- Standard design features classic two-piece motor stick and tail boom assembly with removable parasol wing for easier transport and flight trim adjustments
Detailed article on modifications to optimize the Sorcerer kit.